[Talk-ca] [HOT] Flooding in Richelieu River, Quebec

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Sun May 29 02:31:11 BST 2011

Daniel Begin wrote on 2011-05-28
> an image interpretation of the flooded area of Haut-Richelieu has been uploaded, replacing the first work done by Pierre (Thanks to Pierre) .It's time to put our boots on the ground - > in the water?!!

Fantastic, Daniel.  Whats about a super-relation to show simultaneously the 6 relations you created?

Just a bit of insight.

I have to tell you that after three weeks of long boots, walking in the water, we start to be a bit tired. But it's nothing as compared to affected peoples. Some are discouraged, stressed and very emotional, isolated in their houses surrounded by corrupted water.  After more than a month, there are still families that have to leave the house behind, because of the contaminution and health risks.

The planning of the "Grande Corvée" (Big drudgery ?) to show solidarity to these people is going very well. After last monday high waters and the prediction of high waters for tomorrow again, the public reaction to the various medias was spontaneous and fantastic. In three days, 3,000 people have already called to indicate their participation at the "Grande Corvée" planned for the 11-12 of june. If weather help! And all kind of propositions are made to help affected people : Pick-up Trucks, food,  psychological help, tow truck, amphibious vehicle, chain saws, etc.

regards,

Pierre Béland