[Talk-ca] Calgary Area Trail Mapping Project

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Sun Nov 6 23:31:55 GMT 2011

> I ran across some trails from the project when out on a week long
> horseback riding camp...
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.0671916007996&lon=-115.968310832977&zoom=14
>
> The roads there are tagged as hgv=no, and are indeed not suitable for
> most passenger cars.
>
> The hgv classification possibly being mistaken for High
> Ground-clearance Vehicle rather than Heavy Goods Vehicle.

The project is mostly aimed at building a Garmin format map, and I think
that are using some of the Garmin tags to convey other information - such
as 'hgv=no' to indicate that the route is not suitable for 'normal'
driving.

I did do the initial import, but am busy with other project and we're also
a little out of date compared to their latest version.

Simon.

PS. Hi Richard :-)