[Talk-ca] new goodies on OSM

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 26 22:35:44 GMT 2011

On 25 November 2011 15:04, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> The London hack weekend starts in a few hours in London (yay!),
> England (oh.)  One of these days I'll organize a hack weekend in
> London, Ontario, just for laughs.

If you do, shaun will probably turn up on his bike by mistake.

> Today, the layer selector (the blue + top right of the map) was
> changed.  The seldom-updated nonames layer was removed, and two new
> layers were added.  The Transport map shows public transportation
> infrastructure, and the Open MapQuest map is a general purpose map.
> We want more people to understand you can make special purpose maps
> from the same OSM data.

Before I saw this e-mail I was just thinking now that the transport layer
is more visible, it would be great if people would learn to map bus routes.
It's a bit more tricky due to dealing with relations, so one of the
oh-so-simple weait tutorials would be wonderful to have.

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com