[Talk-ca] Motorways tagging at ferry terminals/boarders

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Oct 18 08:14:36 BST 2011

There are two different and conflicting ways of tagging motorways at ferry
terminals. The first of these, as shown at the Horseshoe Bay terminal
http://osm.org/go/WJQnahqdV- is of having one way where there are many lanes
and tagging as highway=motorway. The second, shown at Swartz Bay
http://osm.org/go/WJEP9q90r- is drawing the lanes as highway=service and
terminating the motorway when it stops being one.

The same issue applies at border crossings, except for the ones I've looked
at the choice is between highway=motorway and highway=primary.

I have reservations about tagging highway=motorway on a section of road that
has speed bumps, stop signs and traffic lights.