[Talk-ca] Your new coastline

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Sep 2 22:12:38 BST 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM, G. Michael Carter <mikey at carterfamily.ca> wrote:
> I wish they'd updated the Bing high resolution images....  In Orangeville
> there's a new mall, but only one image (of three tiles) has the new mall,
> the other has the cleared field from when they started.  I can only put in
> half the buildings.
> Any ideas on how often they update the high res?

SteveC asked for suggestions for bing imagery updates, without being
able to promise anything, in June.

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2011-June/058862.html

I guess that half of Orangeville made it onto the list. :-)

It is important to remember that every source we use for OSM lies to
us in one way or another.  We've each been misled at one point or
another by our own GPX tracks, old / mis-aligned / unresolvable aerial
imagery, our imperfect memories and illegible hand writing, outdated,
mis-aligned or just dead wrong vectors from other sources.

So we don't always get things right the first time, or when we think
we are improving the work of another mapper.  That's okay.  We can fix
it.  That's part of what we're all about.