[Talk-ca] BC Open Data License compatibility

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:37:49 BST 2011

I think both Steve and I would suggest you stay with the project.

There are some issues and concerns for imported data, however on the public
domain side a number of users have stated that their contributions are in
the public domain.  Their contributions are being extracted and used in
other projects.  You might like to do the same yourself.

On the software side the XML standard that OSM set excels.  Several projects
have data in the same format which means the software tools can be leveraged
which is always nice.  For disabled users OSM based maps are now the ones of
choice, and for cycling nothing else has the same detail.

Cheerio John