[Talk-ca] Low end smart phones and Open Street Map...

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:39:00 BST 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how well (or badly) the low end smart phones (such as
> the Samsung Wave phones) are as GPS track loggers?

I grab tracks with my Blackberry and use them to draw roads on OSM.
The quality of GPS receivers are about even these days. Give the unit
a good view of the sky and it will tell you where you are.

I plug mine into the cigar lighter and toss it on the dash of the
F-250 while driving down the road. It does a decent job of grabbing
location data.

--
James
VE6SRV