[Talk-ca] Talk-ca Digest, Vol 50, Issue 8

Olivier Hill olivier.hill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:49:05 BST 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:00 AM,  <talk-ca-request at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> From: Frank Steggink <steggink at steggink.org>
> To: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Quebec's Bermuda Triangle
>
> The triangle is probably caused by the shapefile which is used for
> rendering the coastline at levels 9 and below. This shapefile isn't
> updated very often. I believe it is a different one than the file used
> for levels 10 and above, which should be updated about once a week.
>
> Frank

This is also what I'm thinking.

I probably fixed the coastline near Ile Cadieux about 2-3 weeks ago,
which could explain the issue. I've been fixing a lot of coastlines
around Montreal and they tend to take about a month to show. I can't
imagine how much time it is going to take for this zoom level.

Richard, is there a way to refresh the planet shapefile used at lower
zoom? Can we bug someone? I guess this is the shoreline_300.shp file.

Thanks,
Olivier
--
http://www.olivierhill.ca/