[Talk-ca] More Digital Globe content coming to Bing Maps

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:17:32 BST 2012

That's great news. Let's hope the accuracy of the new images will be
good. For checking the age of Bing imagery, see here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bing#Age_of_the_aerial_pictures

No idea if this will work with the new images (and apparently it
wasn't all that accurate with the old ones either).

 Harald.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB)
<Bernie.Connors at snb.ca> wrote:
> http://ow.ly/aBMeA
>

> Microsoft has signed a new deal with satellite operator Digital Globe for
> more high-resolution earth imagery for Bing Maps.  This is good news for OSM
> users like me who like to trace satellite imagery and combine it with my
> local knowledge.
>

> Does anybody know if there is a way to track or identify new imagery in Bing
> Maps?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bernie.
>
> --
>
> Bernie Connors
>
> New Maryland, NB
>
> bernie.connors at unb.ca

Please use encrypted communication whenever possible!
Key-ID: 0x199DC50F