[Talk-ca] Canvec import issues

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 21 19:59:37 BST 2012

Frank

The NEtiquette is always important in these circumstances. Lets hope this mapper will learn how to deal with the community.
I Looked rapidly at the data.I see a multipolygon natural=wood Relation : 2362646 that contains 72
members. I see that you imported a wooded area way=176778952 that is
part of this relation. It also overlaps for the 2/3 with a lake
way=57988179. I see similar situation with way 176778559.  Unless I
missed something, my understanding is that you should simply remove ways 176778952 and 176778559 and any others that duplicate what is already defined  by relation 2362646.
The Quebec toponyms may sometime be more complete then Canvec. But not all the lakes have names and it is not
easy to find infos for a specific area. You can  search for a specific
name at http://www.toponymie.gouv.qc.ca/.
See http://www.toponymie.gouv.qc.ca/ct/ToposWeb/recherche.aspx?s=lac-ouimet&x=0&y=0 for lac Ouimet results

Pierre