[Talk-ca] Administrative Boundary

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Feb 13 13:54:11 GMT 2012

Bonjour Norman,

ISO Level 7 (Upper municipality) refers to an administrative area like the County of Peterborough (ON), while the ISO Level 6 (Municipal Regional) refers to an administrative area like Eastern Townships in Québec (a group of county - a level that exist only in Québec)

Regards,
Daniel

________________________________

From: Paul Norman [mailto:penorman at mac.com]
Sent: February 9, 2012 17:15
To: Bégin, Daniel; talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: RE: [Talk-ca] Administrative Boundary

Can you give an example of a municipal regional or upper municipality? Looking at the global usage, admin_level=5 is seldom used. I would think that Municipal Regional would be 6 and upper municipality would be 7, but I can't really say without examples.

I would also suggest that these features in the .osm file not be closed - just have the boundary, don't handle it like lakes where you have multiple areas you need to join where they cross tile bounds.