[Talk-ca] localities

Sam Dyck samueldyck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:50:51 GMT 2012

Sadly, in Winnipeg an attraction might not be far from the truth. As a
travel writer from the Sydney Morning Herald put it "So what does
Winnipeg have going for it? On the surface, not much. This is a city
that counts a difficult intersection (the aptly named Confusion
Corner) as a famous landmark, which should tell you all you need to
know."

I digress, places like Confusion Corner and The Basketweave are
typically used for navigation purposes, so while these places are
often not formally listed (though Winnipeg Transit refers to Confusion
Corner as Osborne Junction). I think the listing of these places is
one of the strengths of OSM. We need to come up with a standard to
tagging these places that exist primarily as a means to other places.
(though VIA will sell you a ticket to places like Herchmer, Manitoba
(http://osm.org/go/W6NBaQxa))

Sam Dyck

From: William Rieck <billr at thinkers.org>

"Confusion Corner" reminded me of "The Basketweave" on the 401 in Toronto.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.71829&lon=-79.50048&zoom=17&layers=M
Here a mapper has tagged the node as an attraction.