[Talk-ca] Closed Road Tagging

Daniel Begin jfd553 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 21:32:30 GMT 2012

Bonjour,

There is an primary road (ref=112) around here that have been closed for two
year - authorities detected cracks in the pavement that was suggesting that
the road was sliding toward a large mining pit. All traffic is divert toward
Vimy Ridge since then.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=46.0167&lon=-71.3602&zoom=13&layers=M

I know that we don't map/tag for the renderer but it is not obvious that the
road can't be used looking at Mapnik, Osmarender or Transport Map.  Is there
something else I can use to make it more obvious?

Here is how it is tagged at the moment...

highway: primary

ref: 112

access: no

note: Closed - Landslide warning / Fermée - Risque de glissement de terrain

I also added barriers at the end of closed segment.

barrier: block

bicycle: no

foot: no

Waiting for your suggestions