[Talk-ca] Tagging Rail POIs - Help please

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue Jan 10 18:54:43 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Tim FitzGerald <tim at tfitzgerald.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a long-time contributor to OSM in greater Montreal, but this my first
> post on this mailing list. I hope everyone is doing well.

"Mappy New year"  :-)

> I have noticed a fellow contributor add some POIs recently, that may be of
> interest but that I believe are incorrectly tagged. I've tried messaging the
> contributor, to no avail.

You might want to discuss this on either the talk@ list or the
tagging@ list.  There are rail-fans in the community in many countries
and you probably want feedback from several perspectives.

At issue here are a conflict between, "map what is verifiable" and
"don't surprise people with the way that you use  your tags."

it might be that this location would be considered a "halt" rather
than a station.

Best regards and welcome,
Richard