[Talk-ca] Clean up - natural coastline

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sun Jan 29 03:44:13 GMT 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM, James A. Treacy <treacy at debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:33:09AM -0500, Andrew Allison wrote:
>> Hello:
>>       I'm in the process of recreating non-ct data.
>
> What areas need to be replaced?

That depends where you are.

Be sure to have the latest JOSM and install the licensedetails plugin
and open the license details panel.  You'll use license details a lot.

Have a look at the OSMI license change layer for an overview.  Zoom in
to your normal mapping area.  [1 Long link.  Sorry]

Once you load an area with JOSM, press the "license check" button.
The plugin will go and get the license details info from the wfte
server.  If that info returns "too quickly" make sure you have no
objects (or all objects) selected and try again.  if you have only one
object selected, the plugin will get only the details for that one
object.  Probably not what you hoped to do.

Those license details will appear as red, orange or yellow halos
around nodes and ways.

[1] http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=-97.69336&lat=54.31268&zoom=4&opacity=0.49&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_clean,wtfe_line_clean,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created