[Talk-ca] canvec data offset

Frank Steggink steggink at steggink.org
Tue Jan 31 16:55:41 GMT 2012

I've seen some of these deviations as well during Canvec import. Because
they are so small (< 1 meter), I just decided to glue the polygons
together, so any slivers are gone.

It is inconvenient though. Could it be related to that some sheets were
originally still in NAD27, instead of NAD83 (which is approximately
WGS84, as used by OSM)?

Frank