[Talk-ca] [talk-ca] Merging ways

Thu Jul 5 18:28:34 BST 2012

James Ewen wrote:
> So, do dig up an old thread again... is there a way to merge
> adjoining areas in Potlatch yet? I got a great answer from Adam Dunn
> on using the JOSM "join ways" feature. I'd like to be able to do this
> in Potlatch as it is annoying to have to switch to another editor
> just to be able to merge these adjoining nodes, and then join the
> two adjoining areas into a single common area.

As David said, there isn't, but I'd be happy to look at adding one.

Assuming that (as ever with Potlatch) we go for a 90% solution rather
than covering every possible combination... am I right in thinking that
you'd like something that combines two areas, with a shared sequence of
nodes, into one?

In other words:
	A-B-C-D-E-F-G-A
and