[Talk-ca] canvec import in ontario

Jesse Davis eccentric at slavery.cx
Sun Jul 29 10:21:42 BST 2012

Hello,

I'd like to import some canvec data for the area just north of Plevna,
Ontario, Canada (NTS 031F02), which has not been imported and for the
most part is completely blank. I have downloaded the most recent canvec
10 data and it looks like the import is easy enough to do using the
provided osm files and the josm editor (I've done many edits in the past
with josm).

I imported a tile (NTS 031F02.0.0.0) before realizing that there were
import guidelines, and I shouldn't just go ahead without first
consulting the community. So, I'd just like to make sure it's ok to
proceed.

I will use a separate account for the imports as per the guideline.

Is there anything else I should know or do before proceeding?

Thanks,
Jesse Davis