[Talk-ca] Disgardable NHN and NRN tags

Steve Singer steve at ssinger.info
Mon Jul 30 00:43:37 BST 2012

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012, Paul Norman wrote:

> This is based on
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2012-July/008830.html, a
> recent talk-us@ discussion about TIGER tags. Parts of this message are a
> copy/paste from there.

> I think the following can be safely dropped:
>
> geobase:datasetName
> geobase:uuid

I agree.  When I started the geobase road imports it predated the ability to
add changeset tags or comments.  A lot of my reasoning for having those tags
was to be able to traceback objects to their original Geobase objects so we
could come up with a way of updating OSM with future versions of the Geobase
data.  These tags have never (to my knowledge) been used for this and I
doubt they would be very useful for this purpose if anyone tried to do so.