[Talk-ca] New Roads to map?

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Jun 4 21:22:17 BST 2012

Bonjour Sam,

thanks for the clue, we were about to miss it!

About the comparison check, it looks at changes in street names. However, we would like to have your list of changes for Winnipeg, just to make sure !-)

Best regards,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Dyck [mailto:samueldyck at gmail.com]
Sent: June 4, 2012 13:03
To: Bégin, Daniel
Cc: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re:New Roads to map?

Bonjour Daniel

Sorry for the late reply, I've been working in the bush for the past month. In regards to Road Network updates, the town of Churchill, MB has no roads in Canvec. Getting their requires a two day train trip and it's cheaper to fly to Europe, so since their is no good Bing imagery I haven't added them to OSM. MLI has a map, but it's just a GIF. So keep that in mind when planning the update.

Also, will the comparison check street names? If not I can give you a list of street name changes in Winnipeg.