[Talk-ca] Tr : [OSGeo-qc] Données ouvertes : gouvernement du Québec...

Fabian Rodriguez magicfab at member.fsf.org
Sat Jun 30 12:15:33 BST 2012

On 06/30/2012 03:51 AM, Frank Steggink wrote:
> Nicolas, thanks a lot for the data and the information!
>
> Of course the first page I went to was the License page: [1]
> Unfortunately this license doesn't seem to be compatible with any of
> the current OSM licenses (neither CC-BY-SA nor ODbL).
[...]

Speaking not only for this project but for others too, what license is
best to be used when collection data, and making sure such data can be
used in OSM without problems?

I am looking at the FAQ and it's clear what "our licence" is:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Legal_FAQ#XYZ_Organisation_has_data_for_free_download_under_licence_N._Can_I_use_it_in_OSM.3F

I'd tend to fave ODbL:
http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/

Thanks for clarifying this.