[Talk-ca] Cleanup

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Mar 1 01:56:27 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
>> The first pass on the clean up started a few hours ago.
>
> It's complete now.

The summary of the bulk removal is as follows:

About 66% of the nodes, 70% of the highways, and 80% of the other ways
created by these accounts were removed.  That's roughly 45% of all
tainted nodes, 17% of all tainted highways and 71% of all other
tainted ways.

Since the removal, a number of undecided account have been contacted
and have agreed to the new terms.  14 of the top 22 non-agreed
accounts have now agreed.  That is great news.

I suggest that we can have more tainted data removed automatically, so
that we can concentrate our remapping efforts on areas that can
benefit from human intervention.  I'd like to ask DWG to remove:

Objects edited only by those two non-agreed accounts, regardless of
the current version number.  (Provided these  objects are not
natural=coastline objects.)  That will remove a number of objects that
were imported by one of these accounts and then modified by the other.

That should clear up another nice chunk of data.

I'd also like to request that DWG remove or revert all of the edits by
another account that has not agreed.  This one has made unusual edits,
and the user disappeared when questioned about the source of the
information.

This is a cleanup job that nobody has tackled so far.  We might as
well do it now.  Removing this data will clear another 18% of tainted
nodes, 23% of tainted highways and 19% of other tainted ways.

Thoughts?