[Talk-ca] Wind farm access roads that really shouldn't be in OSM

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:12:18 GMT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM, James Ewen <ve6srv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Gerald A <geraldablists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not a big supporter of imports, but if you are going to use them, you
>> should use and verify all of them, not just some bits. I'm not sure if there
>> is a key/tag for "unverified", but it might be worth looking at.
>
> What's the use of the import then? If you have to go and track every
> road, and walk around the shore of every lake, and wander down every
> creek, then you'll have GPS data. Most of Canada will be a blank slate
> as we do not have enough bodies to capture all of the data manually.

I can't speak for Gerald, but my point was more about verifiability
than about "verifiedness". That is, about the question whether a way
can _in principle_ be verified vs. whether it actually _has_ been
verified. The latter we will have to live with in large parts of
Canada; the former I have reservations about. And according to Stewart
this is a problem for many of the ways in question here.

Harald.