[Talk-ca] GPS inaccuracy

Tom Taylor tom.taylor.stds at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:11:50 GMT 2012

I redid some of my survey yesterday following Pierre and Bernie's
suggestions. The results are more reasonable. After averaging, some of
my points were showing error of +/- 2 m or less.

In working on the new trace, I learned to shift the Bing images as
necessary. Then I found that some buildings fit Bing while neighbours
did not. I'm getting the feeling that, short of a definitive survey, a
good map is a matter of careful judgement.

I suspect at this point I should be writing on the Newbies list rather
than this one. Thanks for your tolerance to this point. Certainly I'll
still be monitoring this list.

Tom taylor