[Talk-ca] Canada Post addresses that do not match municipality name

Steve Singer steve at ssinger.info
Tue Oct 23 23:44:10 GMT 2012

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012, Andrew MacKinnon wrote:

> OK I've figured it out.
>
> Is a free source available for the boundaries of Old Toronto, North
> York, York and East York as they existed before 1998? I have added the
> boundaries of Scarborough and Etobicoke as boundary=administrative,
> admin_level=10 which seems to make nominatim work propertly (though it
> says that the addresses are in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
> instead of Scarborough, Ontario, Canada which is not the correct
> format).

The Toronto Open Data Catalogue apparently has the old bounaries listed
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/open_data/open_data_item_details?vgnextoid=31f0b940f1f49310VgnVCM1000003dd60f89RCRD&vgnextchannel=6e886aa8cc819210VgnVCM10000067d60f89RCRD

I recall someone determining the the 2.0 license was compatible with OSM.