[Talk-ca] DataBC's Open Data - OGL v1.0 and Nanaimo compatibility

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Apr 14 06:27:48 UTC 2013

The current Nanaimo license is not compatible with OSM. In fact, the current Nanaimo license does not permit you to redistribute their data at all!

I have some contacts from the Open Data summit and I’ll see if I can make any progress on the license issue.

Was there a particular dataset you were interested in? It’s always easier if I have specific examples I can point to. Also, are you from Nanaimo?