[Talk-ca] openstreetmap.ca is up!

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Apr 22 00:04:27 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Darryl delivered on his promise, and openstreetmap.ca registration has been
transferred to OSMF / me.  Thank you, again, Darryl for taking care of the
domain for the past years, and for offering it to the community, rather
than letting it lapse.

For now, if you visit openstreetmap.ca, it will look very familiar.  Very
much like osm.org, in fact.  :-)   I'm happy with that. It's unsurprising,
and easy to maintain.  And in the recent; past we haven't done anything
else with it, so I think that that this is an improvement.

But what else would we like to do?  To move forward on any big changes to
openstreetmap.ca, I would hope to see a number of things in equal measure:

- interesting idea(s)
- broad consensus
- active participation
- resources

I don't foresee any deadline for new ideas or implementation, so this can
really be a matter for careful consideration over time.  We've done pretty
well so far, without any grand unification web site.

And thanks again, Darryl.

Best regards,
Richard