[Talk-ca] City of Toronto by-laws and OSM stuff...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:04:22 GMT 2013

This past week I was looking at a branch of one of Canada's big banks
near my home in Toronto. There was NO street number to be seen on the
branch building. From an OSM standpoint we want lots of publicly
available data, and from the following I gather the display of street
numbers is required by law (at least in Toronto) :
http://www.toronto.ca/mapping/numbers/index.htm

So, the question becomes how to get this fixed? Contact the city? the
bank? other?

Also, for getting that bank branch street number into OSM, I took the
expedient of going into the bank branch and asking for a staff member
business card. I have now entered the street number / postal code that
was on that card into OSM, I hope this isn't a problem, as anyone
asking at the branch would get the same information from a "public"
source that the provider could hardly view as "proprietary".

Colin McGregor