[Talk-ca] Fredericton WMS Offset

Connors, Bernie (SNB) Bernie.Connors at snb.ca
Mon Jan 7 19:28:31 GMT 2013

If you want to check the accuracy of your GPX files in New Brunswick you can drag and drop them on this map I created at ArcGIS.com:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=71d0cc7deebd4b359a14ea140d63d6f4

As you zoom in the property lines and civic addresses will be added to the air photo map.  All of this data is published the government of New Brunswick (aka me and my co-workers).  The accuracy of this data should exceed the accuracy of the consumer grade GPS receiver.  You can read more about adding GPX files to this map in the ArcGIS.com help pages:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgisonline/#/About_CSV_TXT_and_GPX_files/010q0000008v000000/

In the Fredericton we are displaying the 2008 air photos captured by the City of Fredericton.  They are not as current as the Bing Imagery in Potlatch but the alignment is excellent.  The City of Fredericton acquired new imagery in 2012 and we will be updating this map as soon as we have the time and resources (some time in 2013).

Bernie.
--
Bernie Connors, P.Eng
Land Information Infrastructure Unit, SNB
bernie.connors at snb.ca