[Talk-ca] Canadienne ou américaine, cette île?

Connors, Bernie (SNB) Bernie.Connors at snb.ca
Mon Jan 7 19:44:36 GMT 2013

Here is my 2 cents worth on the international maritime boundary issue in the Gulf of Maine:

·         The Canadian Coast Guard has operated navigational aids on Machias Seal Island for a very long time

·         I heard in the past that a US citizen in Maine holds a deed to Machias Seal Island – but that does not dictate sovereignty – if that were the case Canada would have sovereignty over many condos and vacation homes in Florida ;)

·         As a GIS manager working in the government of New Brunswick I always showed Machias Seal Island as being part of New Brunswick when I produced maps.

·         The Province of New Brunswick Included Machias Seal Island in several map products it has produced over the past few decades.

Bernie.
--
Bernie Connors, P.Eng
bernie.connors at unb.ca<mailto:bernie.connors at unb.ca>