[Talk-ca] International Open Data Hackathon Feb 23 2012 was Fwd: [OSM-talk] (sans objet)

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 10 02:31:04 GMT 2013

Paul,

there will be an event in Montreal were I would also like to discuss about the municipalities so-called OpenData licenses. The best would be that we have a coordinated message.

The best would be to have a wiki page describing an OSM project.  What I understand is that people will work to produce various infos during the day.  Would it be reasonable to think, this could be simple ways to edit OSM, or create an API using OSM.

Pierre

>________________________________
> De : Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com>
>À : "talk-ca at openstreetmap.org" <talk-ca at openstreetmap.org>
>Envoyé le : Mercredi 9 janvier 2013 20h35
>Objet : [Talk-ca] Fwd: [OSM-talk] (sans objet)
>

>I see that there is an event in Vancouver and some people from the city will be there. I'd like to compile a list of issues with the Vancouver license beforehand. I know rweait had some as blog posts but I think they're offline.
>
>Sent from my iPad
>
>Begin forwarded message:
>

>From: Pierre Béland <infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr>
>>Date: 9 January, 2013 8:26:10 PM EST
>>To: talk <talk at openstreetmap.org>
>>Subject: [OSM-talk] (sans objet)
>>

>I propose to have discussions that are more fun for all of us than the ones in the last few days.
>>

>>The International Open Data Hackathon on Feb 23 is an opportunity for OSM
developpers and mappers to work together and have fun. We could let
people better know OSM and licensing problems we face with so called
governments, municipalities OpenData not so open.

>>This event is already scheduled in many cities and they ask to propose
projects.  An OSM project could be proposed for adding data to OSM,
exporting from OSM, adapting APIs, etc.