[Talk-ca] Environment Canada Forecast Region boundaries released

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:30:33 GMT 2013

Hi David:
May I ask why you think it's a good idea to add these to the OSM
database? I'm rather skeptical of imports of features that we have no
way of verifying on the ground (or otherwise). Yes, there are
exceptions to this rule, like municipal boundaries, but still. It's
great that Environment Canada is releasing this data but I'm not sure
if there's much value in adding it to OSM.
Cheers,
 Harald.

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David E. Nelson <denelson83 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> http://dd.weatheroffice.gc.ca/meteocode/geodata/
>
> All we need to do is have it released under OSM's licence, and then we can
> add the boundaries to OSM.
>
> - David E. Nelson

Please use encrypted communication whenever possible!
Key-ID: 0x34cb93972f186565