[Talk-ca] [Open licence in Canada] Re: OpenStreetMap birthday party (Immanuel Giulea)

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 15:48:40 UTC 2013

Hi Richard,

GeoThink is a research project (over 5 years) on open geospatial data in
Canada under the direction of Dr. Renée Sieber (McGill U).

The issue of licenses for the use of data AND contenst is definitely not
currently resolved, not only in Canada but around the world. On the
other hand, Clipol CIPPIC tool is an excellent tool for government and
private can advance open licenses.

I suggested to Kent Mewhort improve Clipol to indicate the points that
are losing the quality of open licensing so that litigation can refer.

Licenses types supported by OFKN are:
ODbL (eg used by OSM to its database);
CC-BY (OSM is more restrictive forthe tiles with CC-BY-SA);
PDDL
http://opendatacommons.org/licenses

Do you have any suggestions or contributions to advance open licenses to
all levels of government to maturity?

Best Regards,

--

Dre Diane Mercier
Ph.D. Sciences de l'information

Ambassadrice de l'Open Knowledge Foundation - Groupe local au Canada
Blogue : http://ca.okfn.org
Twitter : @okfnca
Profil : http://okfn.org/members/dianemercier

Chargée de projet sur les données ouvertes de la Ville de Montréal
Blogue : http://dianemercier.com
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/dianemercier
Google+ : diane.mercier at gmail.com
Skype : dianemercier
Zotero : http://www.zotero.org/dmercier

« J'utilise une suite bureautique libre pour gérer les documents en
formats ouverts (ODF) »