[Talk-ca] Out of date or incomplete NRCan-CanVec-7.0 data

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:54:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Tony Toews <tony at tonytoews.com> wrote:

> I didn't realize you could dig that much deeper into who did what.

You can get quite a bit of information... what editor are you using?

>>Or you could update it to reflect reality.
>
> Updated.   I probably should've joined the nodes to the wooded area polygon
> or the park so the boundaries are contiguous but I'll figure that out
> another day.  I assumed school yards are part of the residential areas.

You can define the schoolyard to reflect that it is a school yard. You
can also define the ball diamonds etc.

>>If you look at the history, the polygon was imported by sammuell from
>>CanVec in an effort to correct data
>
> See that's my problem.  When I take a look at that polygon I don't know if
> it's valid out of date data or someone mucking about or what.  So I'm glad I
> asked.

Even when digging deeper, you might not know what the person was up to
if they didn't put a comment on their changeset. Look at the Brentwood
Park polygon above, and tell me what Sundance was doing... there's no
comment to reflect the changes made.

> Thanks muchly for the detailed explanation.

Oh Tony, we're just scratching the surface so far!

Now you need to go back add the commercial areas, fix all those bad
CanVec building outlines etc... There's always more to do in OSM! :)

--
James
VE6SRV