[Talk-ca] Callsigns...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 23:28:29 UTC 2013

For various reasons I've taken an interest in the locations of TV (and
to a lesser degree radio) station transmitter sites (the studios often
being a number of km. from the transmitter location(s)).

Is there a standard way to enter this into Open Street Map?

A specific example that I am interested in is the CN Tower, which I
would gather from Wikipedia
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CN_Tower#Television_broadcasters) is
home to 7 different TV station transmitters, 10 FM broadcast
transmitters, plus several "utility" broadcasters (cell phone, pager
services, among others). This past weekend I did add the tag
"tower:type communications" to the CN Tower, but I want to add the
station transmitter information...

Thanks.

Colin McGregor