[Talk-ca] Callsigns...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 09:49:47 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM, James Ewen <ve6srv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This past weekend I did add the tag
>> "tower:type communications" to the CN Tower, but I want to add the
>> station transmitter information...
>
> Probably the only real issue is finding an unencumbered source of
> station transmitter information.
>
> Wikipedia says that the text is available under Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike License, but was the information included there
> derived from an open source?

Broadcaster data is part of the public record, Industry Canada has
downloadable data here:
http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/h_sf09484.html (at the
moment I don't have a machine that can deal with MapInfo files so I 'm
not sure what data is included and I'm not sure what sort of license
the data is released under...).