[Talk-ca] Callsigns...

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 11:30:28 UTC 2013

On 11-03-13 05:49 , Colin McGregor wrote:
> Broadcaster data is part of the public record, Industry Canada has
> downloadable data here:
> http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/h_sf09484.html (at the
> moment I don't have a machine that can deal with MapInfo files so I 'm
> not sure what data is included and I'm not sure what sort of license
> the data is released under...).

In the absence of any statement to the contrary, it will be Crown
Copyright. I got a hearty "No!" when I asked about Spectrum Direct data,
at http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/sd-sd.nsf/eng/home
(which is okay by me, since the Spectrum Direct data is in such a vile
format that I'd never want to be responsible for converting it to
anything really useful.)

cheers,
 Stewart