[Talk-ca] Adding Buildings + Leisure + Corrections To Ottawa Map Over Holiday Season

Adam Martin s.adam.martin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:31:16 UTC 2014

Hey Russell / all,

I performed a rudimentary test of an address in the map without a postal
code and later used the Nominatim to search for it to see what it produced.
The address was 27 Cairo Street in St. John's, NL - I used this because it
is an old address of mine and I know the postal code there without
reference to Canada Post or the like. The result from Nominatim is A1B 3X9.
The actual postal address is A1C 4X2 - a significant difference. I don't
believe that the postal data in Geocoder is particularly accurate.

Adam