[Talk-ca] Parc Summit Montréal

Adam Martin s.adam.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:18:32 UTC 2014

Bonjour Simon!

Forgive my lack of ability in writing french - hopefully it won't make a
difference. Took a look at the area that you are referring to. The area
that is designated as the park is a "Forest" while the other overlapping
area is designated as "Wood". From looking over the maps provided by the
City of Montreal (http://www.lemontroyal.qc.ca/carte/en/index.sn), it would
appear that the overlap is incidental - the park area includes much of the
green space boxed in by the road and administrative boundary, but not all
of it. In fact, the park is separated from the administrative boundary by a
small gap. It appears that it should actually be connected to that boundary.

The use of "Forest" is odd - this is a designated park and would likely be
better suited to be noted as amenity=park. It is arguable that "Forest" is
not the predominate use for the area as that tag tends to be used for areas
that are managed by humans for the purposes of harvesting. Is having the
landuse here actually necessary? Using the amenity tag for a park appears
to override the Forest tag with the actual use of the land (for
recreational purposes).

Hope that helps.

Adam