[Talk-ca] GPS and Motorway links ...

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 23:03:41 UTC 2014

Some updates on this issue:

I contacted Martijn a while ago with the suggestion of running this as a
Maproulette. He liked the idea but I haven't heard back in a while. He also
asked me how many cases we're talking about and based on the Overpass query
mentioned upthread I came to the conclusion that the number is actually not
that high (maybe 400 cases in all of Canada at the most). Therefore I've
started fixing the issue manually and already cleaned up all of Quebec. It
took me several hours, but that's partly because you always discover other
issues to take care of as you go along (e.g. missing motorway_junction,
name vs. exit_to on those junctions etc.).

I'll continue working on this in Ontario now and I encourage others to go
ahead in the other provinces, too. Just run
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1CIon the appropriate bounding box and then
go through each of the spots that
come up. If there is hi-res Bing imagery available the fix will be obvious;
and if not common sense should still tell you if a segment is oneway=yes or
oneway=no. I have added a oneway tag to every motorway_link segment, both
to avoid any misunderstanding with the default and to allow me to track the
progress on the Overpass map.

Cheers,
 Harald.