[Talk-ca] Local Vancouver meeting: Map Central Park

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 09:36:30 UTC 2014

I am planning on hosting a mapping event in Central Park
(http://osm.org/way/23165846), in Burnaby, BC.

My tentative date is Sunday, June 15th at around noon, but if people
want a different time I could shift it.

The park is a major park in the region, but under-mapped, with
potentially not all of the trails.

Some of the things I'd like to get mapped are

- More appropriate tags for the trails. highway=track is probably not
- The surface of trails
- Locations of fitness equipment in the park
- Bathrooms
- Picnic areas
- Other park infrastructure
- Anything missing or interesting

At this time of year, it should be nice sunny weather, and the shade
from the trees should be welcome.

I intend to bring my mapping kit (camera, GPS, etc), as well as field
papers type printouts on larger paper for us to mark up. I'm not
planning on bringing a laptop, or if I do, it's staying in the trunk.

After mapping, we can go somewhere nearby for food. I'd also like to
discuss holding regular events.

If you're interested, please let me know so that I know other people
will be coming and to attend on time myself! I also need to have
printouts made in advance.