[Talk-ca] Seasonal ferry routes

berniejconnors berniejconnors at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:18:17 UTC 2014

Hello,
                The ferry route from Deer Island, NB to Campobello Island, NB is seasonal but it is not properly tagged as seasonal:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/117143395

                 I have a friend who was routing a car trip to Campobello Island and the route included the above ferry link which is currently out of service.  Does anybody have any good examples of seasonal ferry routes that are properly tagged to show out of service dates?  Will routing software respect conditional restrictions on ferry routes? I was looking at the conditional restrictions in the wiki:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions

              I would like to use the following tags:

route=ferry

route:conditional=no @ (Oct-May)

name= Deer Island-Campobello Island Ferry

operator=East Coast Ferries Ltd

url=http://www.eastcoastferriesltd.com/Fares-Schedule.html

duration=00:15

foot=yes