[Talk-ca] Canadian Openstreetmap Task Manager + Central Website

Richard Burcher richardburcher at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 00:36:02 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

A bunch of us have gotten together and said, hey wouldn't it be great if we
started something similar like our southern neighbors from the US
Openstreetmap Chapter [1] have that has become a hub of community
engagement. A central and easily accessible place where the Canadian
community (or others just finding Openstreetmap for the first time) can
find information [2], upcoming events and access to a dedicated OSM Task
Manager [3] for mapping tasks.

We strongly feel that this is a great starting point to help further spread
the use, adoption and mapping of Openstreetmap in Canada. We really hope
this endeavour will help our community. We've kicked this off because we
saw a need for it. It’s everyones community, so please let us know what you
think and what we should be doing.

Feel free to jump in; we could always use help:)

If you'd like to have admin access to the Tasking Manager (allows you to
create mapping tasks), please either drop a line at [4] or on the mailing
list.

Cheers,

Folks from the Ottawa Openstreetmap group [5]

[1] http://openstreetmap.us/
[2] http://osmcanada.ca/
[3] http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/
[4] http://osmcanada.ca/contact-us/
[5] http://osmottawa.ca/

Cheers,

Richard

------
Please note:
I only check email a few times during business hours.

Richard Burcher

Twitter:   @richardburcher
Blog:       www.richardburcher.com
LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/richardburcher