[Talk-ca] Large polygons in JOSM

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:45:43 UTC 2014

On 14-09-15 05:41 PM, Daniel Begin wrote:

> About Canvec, the product often duplicates water bodies and inner
> polygons of wooded areas; which is not necessary where both were
> imported. In order to keep only the necessary geometries, I usually
> transfer all the tags from a waterbody to the duplicated geometry of
> an inner polygon and then, I delete the original - now duplicated -
> waterbody.

Hi Daniel,

I have to confess I don't quite follow what you're doing here. Are you
leaving the waterbody defined only as the inner polygon (aka, a hole) of
a landuse multipolygon? Are there any example ways you can link to that
do this?

The difficulty with the huge 'tiled' areas of the North is that few
people will find the motivation needed to clean up the imports into
coherent polygons.

cheers,
 Stewart