[Talk-ca] [Talk-us] Great Lakes Boundaries

AJ Ashton aj.ashton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 21:09:58 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since no objection to removing "natural=water" from the Lake Superior
relation has been expressed, I have removed it. I also amended the note on
the relation asking that it not be added back in.

Huron, Michigan, and Erie all had the same issue (added at the same time by
the same user) so I removed "natural=water" from those as well and added a
similar note. Lake Ontario on the other hand is *only* mapped a water
multipolygon (no coastline ways) so I've left it as-is for now.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think we are out of the woods yet. Overnight the NE end of Isle
Royal became "flooded" at zoom level 13

This may also be due to outdated coastline shapefiles used by the standard
tile layer (but I am not sure). The coastline data for Isle Royale looks
good as processed in the latest daily files from <
http://openstreetmapdata.com>.

> Proposed Course of action.
> [...]

The proposed course of action for cleaning up the extra/incomplete Lake
Superior relation seems good to me.

AJ