[Talk-ca] HOT in Canada

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:48:12 UTC 2015

Hello

I'm relatively new to this list but not OSM, so an introduction.  For the
past 5 years or so, I've been active in the Humanitarian OpenstreetMap Team
(HOT)[1] and CrisisMappers Network[2]. As an organizer and supporter, my
role also includes being a member and on the board of HOT. We have our own
HOT mailing list. There are a few of you who may be collaborating on global
OSM projects. (Thank you). Some of you may even be on the HOT list or
contributed to some of the humanitarian activations.

I know this is a talk list for Canada, so I will explain why I posting. HOT
is involved in is the Missing Maps Project with Medicine sans Frontières
and the American Red Cross [3]. This project has regular event in the UK
and is starting to do so in DC. My colleague at MSF asked if I knew of
other Canadians in HOT. He posted to the HOT list and did not reach many.
So, I offer to connect with you. They have an organization who would like
to help support a Missing Maps event in Canada (city is really about who
can help and community capacity). Richard Weait is already doing two
popular, regular mapping events in Toronto. While based in Toronto, I am
moving countries in a few weeks (so I can't help organize).

If you are interested, please do get in touch off list. I want to respect
the list topic and your times.

Thanks and happy mapping,

Heather

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team