[Talk-ca] Can't merge 2 layers in JOSM

Bernard Loyer baloyer at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 04:39:59 UTC 2015

Here below an error message when I try to merge 2 layers in JOSM. 'Data Layer 8' was my dowloaded data from OSM for editing, and the layer '031M15.1.osm' was obviously the tile from Toporama, which I wanted to merge into 'Data Layer 8'. What should I do? I put my contribution to OSM on hold until I receive a response, as I would prefer not to have to add each object one by one. Here is the message:
QUOTE        You are about to merge data between layers '031M15.1.osm' and 'Data Layer 8'.
These layers have different upload policies and should not been merged as it.Merging them will result to enforce the stricter policy (upload discouraged) to 'Data Layer 8'.
This is not the recommended way of merging such data.You should instead check and merge each object, one by one, by using 'Merge selection'.
Are you sure you want to continue?UNQUOTE
jabloy61