[Talk-ca] Can't merge 2 layers in JOSM

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 15:13:39 UTC 2015

Hi Pierre -

> Le 14/11/2015 17:01, Bernard Loyer a écrit :
>> Les données que je veux importer dans JOSM viennent de
>> : <http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/toporama/en/index.html>http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/toporama/en/index.html tel
>> que suggéré par http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada_WMS_Layers
> Cette page pointe directement sur les données de CanVec, pas de problème
> de compatibilité de licence dans ce cas !

Pardon my English, but as Paul Norman previously noted to the list:

	“No one has proposed an import of OGL-CA licenced data,
	 so there shouldn't be any in OSM.”

 —
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ca/2015-October/006630.html

The CanVec OSM tiles were previously supplied under an agreement that
pre-dates the newer Canada Open Data Licence (OGL-CA). If there have
been imports that use more recent CanVec releases, or trace over Canada
WMS layers, that data will be under the OGL-CA licence.

We should talk about this …

cheers,
 Stewart