[Talk-ca] broken forests in eastern Canada

Gordon Dewis gordon at pinetree.org
Thu Aug 25 18:07:34 UTC 2016

Forest footprints change over time but not that much in most places. The problem is that forest polygons can quickly end up with thousands of points and have the added complexity of holes.

There is value to having them in OSM, we just have to find a better way to do them, or live with "seams" at the edges of Canvec tiles.