[Talk-ca] Triplinx import

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 00:14:11 UTC 2016

I had a skype call with Mojgan where we discussed some of the issues and
there was an email sent to talk-ca on Jan 12th 2016.

To me a couple of issues first are that the Stats Canada data was designed
for Stats Canada use, probably for the labour force survey and as such
provided the interviewer can see the address from where it is marked on the
map this is sufficent accuracy.  My concern would be about the accuracy of
the data.

Another issue is do we end up with duplicate addresses?  My concern would
be do we end up with the same address in two different locations?

I think a better solution would be to take a copy of the OSM database,
strip out the existing address data and drop in the stats data and use the
copy for their purposes.

Cheerio John